Are you overwhelmed by all these *PPD, **ammonia free, all natural talks? I truly understand.
First of all there is no healthy 100% safe commercial hair dye. It is ALL CHEMICALS. I do not mean to scare you away from hair coloring, we need your business, don’t get me wrong:) I simply ask you to think critically, TALK OPENLY to your stylist, and listen to your body.
There are brands that market as ammonia free which they are. However they use TWICE AS MUCH PPD as other traditional brands. Or there are LOW AMMONIA hair color lines that do contain ammonia however they have no PPD.
So it is really your call. If you have recently or currently experience health issues, or you are simply concerned about chemicals and your reaction to them, maybe it is a good idea to do an ALLERGY TEST at your doctor’s office.
Here at DH Estetica among other brands we use:
OYA permanent hair dye:
*Paraphenylenediamine (PPD) is a chemical substance that is widely used as a permanent hair dye. PPD is the most effective known method of covering grey hair.
*Permanent hair color generally contains ammonia and must be mixed with a developer or oxidizing agent in order to permanently change hair color. Ammonia, in permanent hair color is used to open the cuticle layer so that the developer and color molecules together penetrate into the cortex.
Dying Hair The Right Way
I may have told many of you numerous times: do not wash your hair before you come to get your hair dyed, remember? it is still a good thing to do..but not THE BEST one. Now when we have Coiffance System available in the US you can safely immerse yourself into a beautiful world of European style hair dying…
1) We treat your hair with the NUTRI oil first to:
a) nourish the hair
b) create a protective barrier to decrease the potential color damage.
Leave it on for 5 minutes.
2) We WASH your hair. The oil is pretty heavy and stays on the hair, however the water/products buildup is washed off leaving the hair ready for coloring (similar to steaming the skin before scrubbing/massaging etc.)
3) When mixing the color formula we add different oils (see photo) to the formula. We do assess your hair and together with you determine what needs to be addressed.
4) Processing for 35-40 min
5) Here comes the Secret Repair!!!!!! We leave it on the hair after washing for about 5 minutes for INSTANT detangling effect that will surprise you as it did extremely surprise me the first time I used.
Follow with one of the Coiffance shine oils and… VOILA!!!!
Gentle Hair Coloring? It is in your own hands
We live in the era of advanced technology complicated chemical compounds… while striving so hard for “all natural” and chemicals free. Is it possible? In terms of hair coloring..hardly. Unless you go for Henna dye. Looking for PPD and Ammonia free hair dyes is wise and reasonable. However often we forget to take the simplest and easily available measures to safer, less damaging hair coloring . What are those measures?
1) Come for a hair coloring appointment with UNWASHED hair. Don’t be embarrassed about sweaty after gym hair. Your stylist DOESN’T care. She /he is putting gloves on anyway. natural oils help protect scalp and hair shaft from chemical damage
2) If you are up to highlighting (balayage, foil, bleach double process etc) please perform deep conditioning treatments at least 3 times prior to your appointment. Do your hair a favor and replenish moisture before coloring
3) For God’s sake do a trim please. Remember the rule? Long hair is beautiful only if it is well taken care of. Not trimming will not make your hair better/healthier/prettier. A SPLIT END tends to crawl up the shaft if not cut off. Please anticipate a little trim after coloring.
Prevent Hair Damage during Coloring with Olaplex
OLAPLEX is a so called “bond multiplier” that REconnects broken disulfide sulfate bonds in your hair. This decreases damage to hair during AND after coloring.
How OLAPLEX WILL make YOUR life easier and your hair healthier?
1) Healthy ends.
Long hair is in fashion, and one of the most popular concerns we hear is “I am trying to grow out my hair. Please trim as little as possible”. The longer the hair is the less nutrients its shaft and ends get. Add coloring to the above and you get a classic “cut it off” case. With OLAPLEX you can skip a trim or two allowing hair grow longer.
2) Fewer salon visits. How?..
First of all, there is a take home #3 OLAPLEX product that will let you maintain the health of your hair in between visits. Second of all, many highlighting patterns require 2,3, sometimes 4 visits to reach the result you desire. With OLAPLEX you can achieve more dramatic results in one session. Why? Usually you would have to wait a week or two and restore hair after the first round of highlighting. now as the process has become much gentler we can lift the color more (make you blonder) in one visit.
NOTE: the dye processing time using Olaplex is 10-30 min longer than usual
3) OLAPLEX will save you some $$$. Read 2)
4) Hesitant about another fancy treatment that may not work?
With Olaplex you see the results instantly, no distant effects.
Get FREE Consultation with our Stylists at DH Estetica!