Today, there are about ten different ways of applying hair extensions. Some use the hot method when extensions are attached with the help of capsules melted by heated pliers (keratin fusion bonds). In contrast, other techniques use ultrasound to help create reliable connections.
Tape-in extensions are a very safe procedure that uses the cold method. Manufacturers fulfill the technology of tape in hair extensions to perfection.
Let’s find out more about the procedure and its advantages.
- Tape in hair extensions: what is the technology
- Methods and techniques of video in extensions application
- How to take care of hair extensions
- Benefits of video in extensions
- When not to use hair extensions
Tape in Hair Extensions: the features of technology
The technology of tape hair extension application is the most balanced regarding the following factors:
- time spent on the procedure;
- longevity of hair extensions;
- cost of materials and labor;
What makes the tape in hair extensions different is the cold technique when extensions are attached to natural hair with the help of an adhesive flat tape closer to the area of your hair roots.
Prepared in advance, hair extensions are evenly distributed on a tape, with one side containing transparent hypoallergenic glue. The procedure should be done on clean, washed hair. The unique adhesive is very sticky; however, the presence of oil on your head skin can result in loss of connections that will cause hair extensions to fall.
The Italian technique strongly resists the influence of water and hair care products.
This technology uses a unique polyurethane basis and polyester film with an acrylic layer. This technology is designed to make connections robust, flexible, and transparent.
Acrylic adhesive allows for a strong connection that works great on small widths and heights (0.3-1 inches).
While your hair grows, correcting the tape in hair extensions every two months will be necessary. The stylist will remove the attached strands to rearrange them closer to your hair roots again. The recordings will be removed quickly, without pain, unpleasant feelings, or harm to your natural hair. The removed extensions can be used again, which will save you $$$.
Hair Extensions care rules
Even though modern technologies allow intense, durable, and invisible fixations of hair, it is recommended to follow several simple but essential rules when wearing tape in hair extensions.
Make sure your hair doesn’t get tangled. Use a special wide-toothed hair brush to comb your hair. Begin the procedure of combing from tips to roots.
The glue structure is resistant to water and gentle shampoos. Do not apply conditioners or masks to the roots/tapes. You should also avoid volumizing products that may break the integrity of the glue.
Wash shampoo away with a large amount of water. Try to choose shampoos with a neutral level of acidity. You can use balms and masks with oil components. Just ensure the show doesn’t touch the tape bonds in hair extensions.
Do not go to bed with wet hair; don’t leave loose, damp hair for long.
For the night, it is recommended to braid long strands. It is not advised to sleep with loose hair.
Rough dry your hair or let it air dry at the last 50% before blowing it out.
Avoid direct contact with hot surfaces or air with the tapes.
You should wash your hair by inclining backward or vertically, along the hair growth, not against it.
Advantages of Tape in Hair Extensions
- Preparation for the hair extension application procedure takes 30-40 minutes, an essential time-saving factor.
- During the fixation of extensions, chemical compounds or high temperatures are unnecessary.
- With timely corrections, tape-in hair extensions will last three rounds.
- The cost of materials is relatively low and affordable.
- Glue connections are practically invisible, so your hair looks natural
- Hair extensions can be removed easily and quickly when needed.
- These strands are designed for repeated application.
- Your hair will not be affected.
- The modern gluing materials are hypoallergenic and have no color or smell.
When not to use Tape in Hair Extensions
The procedure of taping hair extensions has some restrictions. It is not recommended to do it in the following situations:
- Continuous/excessive acute loss of own hair;
- Specific head skin issues (fungal infections, seborrhea);
- You take certain medicines (antibiotics, hormones);
- You are going through chemotherapy.
Get a Consultation at DH Estetika Salon to learn more about the Tape Hair Extensions procedure.