Today DH Estetica will touch one very important subject. The question is how hair extensions can help women after cancer treatment and chemotherapy.
Unfortunately chemotherapy may result in a number of negative health consequences, alopecia in particular.
When one’s body starts to recover and hair grows again, it usually changes the texture or growth pattern. These factors have to be taken into consideration when choosing what type of hair restoration treatment to go with.
Is it recommended to use Hair Extensions after chemotherapy treatment?
Not everyone is a candidate. Darya (who is also an RN) will be happy to consult you on this topic and help you come up with a hair restoration plan.
VIDAhair 100% natural hair extensions are usually most suitable for thin fragile very fine hair, as well as microcapsule keratin bonded hair extensions.
Usually one’s hair has to be at least 3 inches to be a candidate for hair extensions application using VIDAhair technology; at least 5 inches for microcapsules.
Feel free to locate a BOOK button in the menu and schedule a 30 min consultation with Darya.
Recommendations for hair and scalp care
There are several basic rules, following which will accelerate the process of hair regeneration and regrowth:
- Protect the scalp from direct sunlight – ultraviolet light adversely affects the hair follicles, so the head is recommended to be covered by a scarf or hat made of natural fabrics that prevent the active release of sweat.
- Use warm water to wash the hair and scalp – hot water actively expands the pores, so the loss of existing hair will increase and the regeneration of new follicles will slow down.
- Limit the use of heat – hot air makes your skin dry, so your hair should be dried with a towel or cool air flow of the Hair dryer first.
- Diet – protein is the basic basis for the formation of hair. Eating large amounts of protein based food will speed up the regeneration process and make your hair stronger.
- The use of specially selected cosmetics that will help to normalize the metabolic processes in the hair follicles.
- Daily combing hair with a soft massage brush, even in the absence of hair – it will stimulate additional blood flow to the scalp and accelerate the regeneration process.
- You can also try hair #mesotherapy scalp treatment to help boost hair growth with vitamins cocktail.
Book Consultation at DH Estetica salon in Boston to learn more about Hair Extensions after chemotherapy treatment