DH Estetica hair salon in Boston is pleased to offer a new Airtouch Hair Coloring service. With multicolored Airtouch technique your hair will look natural, stylish, rich and voluminous. It’s time to get new modern look with a long lasting result for New 2020 Year.
Book your appointment for Airtouch Hair Coloring in advance.
What is Airtouch?
Literally, it’s a touch of air. This is how this hair coloring technique is performed.
The end result of Airtouch hair coloring will look very delicate and natural. You won’t see any visible contrast, abrupt color changes or lanes.
Airtouch is different from other coloring styles such as ombre, balayage or single process coloring and can replace them all. Only 30-50% of hair will be colored and thanks to that method the border between natural roots and colored strands is diffused in such a way that it will be impossible to say if hair is colored or not. The process requires really high qualifications and skills to get fantastic results.
Advantages of Airtouch
- 100% natural look and effect
- Suitable for women of all ages, works wonderful to mask grey hair
- Works well for hair of any length, color and structure
- Creates visual layers and better volume , makes your hair shiny
- Makes your face look younger visually by creating soft hair color effects
- No contact with your skin, so it’s suitable for people who are allergic to hair colors
- No damage to your baby hair which is perfect to grow your hair naturally
- Increased time period between hair colorings from 6 months to 8 months. It saves your time and funds.
- Possibility to tone lighter strands into different shades of any other hair color
- Very modern and stylish look
- Minimal after care, only color renewal based on your original hair situation
How Airtouch is Performed
- This is the most interesting part. Airtouch looks like highlights however hair strands for coloring are selected by hair dryer instead of having them picked up by hair comb.
- Before the procedure the hair stylist will select the right set for hair bleaching ( powder, cream or hair color). It depends on your original hair color and desired end result.
- The hair stylist will divide all hair to separate zones and then will select strands one by one following certain schemes, no wider than 0.5 inches and direct blow dry air right through it (air should be cold not to damage your hair and not to burn the skin). This way the shortest and thinnest baby hair will be left out and separated from the long ones.
- The hair stylist will put the color on remained hair and isolate it with the foil or paper. The similar way will be used for all hair. Usually after 40 min the color should be washed away.
- After that a hair toner will be applied. In most cases, stylists will make roots darker and stretch the color by full length. In other cases, roots will remain untouched, and lightened strands will be toned into blonde shade.
- Thanks to Airtouch method, in the end you will see natural blends and shades with no abrupt hair color changes.
Airtouch can be done on any hair color – blonde, brunette, brown or red.
Airtouch can’t be done on very short hair.
Who will benefit from using Airtouch ?
This technique of hair coloring will be suitable for women who want delicate soft highlighting without contrast and lanes. Also women who don’t have time to visit salons every month will like this procedure since growing roots are invisibly blended into your hair and don’t require correction for another few months.
Based on hair density, structure and length the procedure may take more time than usual to provide great results.
Can Airtouch be combined with Ombre or Balayage ?
It’s possible to combine Airtouch with Ombre to reduce the number of salon visits. In this case the roots will be colored in darker tones and the color towards lighter tones will be blended as much as possible to avoid any abrupt color change on full hair length.
Airtouch AfterCare Tips
After having your hair done by Airtouch it is recommended to take care of your hair to minimize any possible effect from hair coloring. Fortunately, there are some modern aftercare systems available to prevent hair damage and repair your hair. One of them is Olaplex and DH Estetica Salon will be happy to offer this great aftercare treatment to make sure your hair look healthy.